It appears that even though the Media (except the Guardian and London Sunday Times) has chosen to pretty much ignore the implications of the leaked UK Memo from July 2002… some Members of Congress have not.
88 Members have signed a letter to President Bush. They are asking for answers to the following questions:
As a result of this recent disclosure, we would like to know the following:
- Do you or anyone in your Administration dispute the accuracy of the leaked document?
- Were arrangements being made, including the recruitment of allies, before you sought Congressional authorization go to war? Did you or anyone in your Administration obtain Britain’s commitment to invade prior to this time?
- Was there an effort to create an ultimatum about weapons inspectors in order to help with the justification for the war as the minutes indicate?
- At what point in time did you and Prime Minister Blair first agree it was necessary to invade Iraq?
- Was there a coordinated effort with the U.S. intelligence community and/or British officials to “fix” the intelligence and facts around the policy as the leaked document states?
Will the President respond? I doubt it.
Will the MSM pick up on the story? I doubt it even more.
Someone really needs to just go and fire every editor and executive at ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and FoxNews… if they really want to clean the place up, go ahead and burn down the headquarters too… or maybe lease them out to homeless people.
At least then the buildings would be occupied by people who actually know what it’s like in the real world… where runaway brides and Michael Jackson aren’t news!